Welcome to the wiki for the Non Aligned Technologies Movement.
NATM is a movement for the purposeful design, evaluation and use of information and communication technologies in a way that affirms each community's power of collective self-determination and governance. We are a worldwide alliance of civil society organizations (in collaboration with allied players from the public and private sector) that seek to define and claim technosocial alternatives beyond the profit-motivated model of Silicon Valley and the control-motivated model of the Chinese Communist Party, the two centers of power of a new colonial order. NATM does not presume to offer a single solution to the problem of data colonialism; instead it seeks to promote a collection of models and platforms that guarantee the rights of communities to articulate their own solutions.
To learn how you can become involved, read our About page.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Promote non-extractive digital media platforms, and support their implementation by member communities.
- Collaboratively develop models for the design, evaluation and use of non-extractive digital technologies.
- Act as a global coalition to enforce the taxation and eventual elimination of extractive technologies.
Help us draft our Declaration.
- Non Aligned Platforms Group: Identify, support and promote the use of alternatives to current extractive technologies.
- Technology Review Boards: Develop models and processes for the evaluation of non-extractive technologies.
- Algorithm Observatory: Build a citizen science platform for the study of extractive algorithms.
Stay tuned for more information about our first global conference in 2022, and about the regional planning meetings leading up to it.
To list your organization, join the wiki and enter your details in the corresponding page.
- Civic, Research and Activist Networks
- Institutions of Learning
- Geographic communities (towns, cities, countries)
- Individuals: We do not list individual members here, and no formal individual membership process exists yet. Anyone can declare themselves a supporter of NATM if they agree to our principles, and anyone can join this wiki. You may consider using the hashtag #IamNonAligned if you use social media.
Our Advisory Board helps us coordinate the activities of NATM.